Lennox Lewis vs. Henry Akinwande
1997-07-12 : Lennox Lewis 242 lbs beat Henry Akinwande 237½ lbs by DQ at 2:34 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Caesars Tahoe, Stateline, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Terry Smith 40-35
- Judge: Larry O'Connell 40-35
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 38-37
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Lewis)
- The fight was televised live on HBO.
- There was a crowd of about 2,000 in the Caesars Tahoe ballroom.
- Akinwande, the former WBO heavyweight champion, entered the fight as the WBC's No. 1 contender. He vacated the WBO belt to challenge Lewis for the WBC title.
- Akinwande was disqualified in round five for excessive holding.
- Lewis landed 87 of 174 punches, while Akinwande connected on only 30 of 107 punches.