Lennox Lewis vs. Oliver McCall (1st meeting)
1994-09-24 : Lennox Lewis 238 lbs lost to Oliver McCall 231¼ lbs by TKO at 0:31 in round 2 of 12
- Location: The Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Judge: Franz Marti 10-9
- Judge: Giuseppe Ferrari 10-9
- Judge: Jae-Bong Kim 10-10
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (4th defense by Lewis)
- See also: Lennox Lewis vs. Oliver McCall (2nd meeting)
- Lewis was a 5½-1 favorite.
- Lewis made $3.5 million and McCall got $1 million.
- There was a crowd of about 7,000.
- A right to the chin put Lewis down in the second round. Lewis was up at the count of six, but he was wobbly. Lewis put his gloves up and stumbled into referee José Guadalupe Garcia, who stopped the fight.
- Lewis fired trainer Pepe Correa after the fight and hired Emanuel Steward, who trained McCall for the upset of Lewis.
- Lennox Lewis: "I was totally robbed. I was cleared to fight on."
- Referee José Guadalupe García: "I'm absolutely sure about what I did. Lennox Lewis was knocked out. To allow more punches to Lewis could have had fatal consequences. My duty is to protect the health of the boxer."
- Lennox Lewis: "He got through a lucky punch."
- Emanuel Steward: "'It was no lucky punch. It was well planned."
- Oliver McCall: "I was trying to catch him with that shot from the opening bell."