Lennox Lewis vs. Shannon Briggs
1998-03-28 : Shannon Briggs 228 lbs lost to Lennox Lewis 243 lbs by TKO at 1:45 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Convention Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Frank Cappuccino
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam
- Judge: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: John Stewart
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (3rd defense by Lewis)
- Lewis was a 12-1 favorite.
- Lewis earned $4 million and Briggs made $1.75 million.
- In his previous fight, Briggs defeated George Foreman by a controversial decision to win the Lineal World Heavyweight Championship.
- Briggs hurt Lewis in the first round with a left hook and hurt him again in round two with another left hook.
- Lewis floored Briggs twice in round four and once in round five.
- Referee Frank Cappuccino stopped the fight in round five after Briggs missed with a left hook and fell face down.