Leonard Dorin vs. Paul Spadafora
2003-05-17 : Leonard Dorin 135 lbs drew with Paul Spadafora 134½ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Petersen Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Rudy Battle
- Judge: Gary Merritt 114-114
- Judge: Gueremo Perez 114-115
- Judge: Pat Russell 115-113
- World Boxing Association Lightweight Title (Dorin's 3rd defense)
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title (Spadafora's 8th defense)
- Weights: Dorin 135 lbs, Spadafora 134.5 lbs
- In a fight where both fighters freely traded punches in the centre of the ring, Dorin was the aggressor, often catching Spadafora with single hard shots to the head. Conversely, Spadafora attempted to catch his opponent coming inside with quick combinations to the head and body. The preferred method of defense for Spadafora was to slip Dorin's punches, while Dorin would block Spadafora's attack with his gloves up.
- By the time the fight was over, both fighters had suffered cuts over both of their eyes.
- HBO's unofficial scorer Harold Lederman scored the fight 116-112 for Dorin, while HBO's colour commentary analyst Larry Merchant scored the fight 114-114.