Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ji-Hoon Kim
2010-10-31 : Leonardo Zappavigna 134½ lbs beat Ji-Hoon Kim 135 lbs by TKO at 1:41 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Olympic Park Sports Centre, Homebush, New South Wales, Australia
- Referee: Wayne Kelly
- Judge: David Denkin
- Judge: Joe Garcia
- Judge: Robert Hoyle
- Leonard Zappavigna 24-0 (16 KOs) vs. Ji-Hoon Kim 21-6 (18 KOs)
- Bout was on the undercard of Daniel Geale vs. Roman Karmazin.
- Kim was just two months removed from a unanimous decision loss to Miguel Vazquez (25-3) for the vacant IBF Lightweight Title.
- Zappavigna was the current IBO Lightweight champion.
- It was the second knockout loss of Kim's career, both having come in the first round.
A lunging left hand followed by a right sent Kim down hard flat on his back at 1:03. He was up at the count of three. Zappavigna came forward and threw a single overhand right to the temple that put Kim down for the second time. He got to his feet at the count of two and action continued. Zappavigna threw a barrage with no response from Kim. At that, the referee stepped in and waved an end to the bout.