Lloyd Honeyghan vs. Johnny Bumphus
1987-02-22 : Johnny Bumphus 145½ lbs lost to Lloyd Honeyghan 146½ lbs by TKO at 0:55 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Grand Hall, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Sam Williams
- Judge: Frank Brunette 8-10
- Judge: Ove Ovesen 8-10
- Judge: Gualtiero Cavalieri 8-10
- IBF & WBC Welterweight Titles
- Weights: Honeyghan 146½; Bumphus 145½
Bumphus down in 1st and 2nd. The knockdown in the 2nd came when Honeyghan rushed off his stool before the bell and floored Bumphus. Honeyghan was penalized one point by the referee.
The defense was Honeyghan's first since becoming the undisputed Welterweight champion by stopping Donald Curry via a 6th round TKO. The WBA title was not at stake since Honeyghan had to chosen to vacate it in protest of the apartheid policy of South Africa, after the WBA had mandated his first defense be against South African, Harold Volbrecht.