Lloyd Honeyghan vs. Marlon Starling
1989-02-04 : Lloyd Honeyghan 146½ lbs lost to Marlon Starling 146 lbs by TKO at 1:19 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Adrian Morgan 75-78
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 73-78
- Judge: Ray Solis 72-79
- WBC Welterweight Title (2nd defense of 2nd reign by Honeyghan)
- The New York Times reported: "Starling dominated Honeyghan from the opening bell. By the time Mills Lane, the referee, ended the fight, Honeyghan was puffy beneath his right eye, had a swollen cheekbone and was bleeding from his nose. He was exhausted and proceeding by sheer determination."
- Starling landed 202 of 533 punches. Honeyghan connected on just 107 of 697.
- Honeyghan tested positive for the painkilling drug lidocaine after losing to Starling. Honeyghan was fined $1,500.