Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr
2013-01-26 : Lucas Matthysse 138½ lbs beat Mike Dallas Jr 139½ lbs by KO at 2:26 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Richard Houck
- Judge: C.J. Ross
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime (Main Event)
- (interim) WBC Light Welterweight Title
Lucas Matthysse gave credence to the idea that he is among most avoided fighters in the world.
In the main event of Showtime's televised boxing card in Las Vegas, Nevada, Matthysse (32-2) took little time in dispatching hefty underdog Mike Dallas Jr. (19-2-1).
In the final minute of the opening round, the Argentinian connected with a sudden and short, counter right hook that knocked Dallas Jr. out immediately and sent him crashing face-first to the mat. Veteran referee Robert Byrd began counting, but stopped short and waved an end to the bout with Dallas Jr. lying motionless.
It was the 31st knockout for Matthysse in 33 professional wins. His last win to come by means other than a knockout was in 2008 over Carlos Adan Jerez (27-10-3).
- Lucas Matthysse 32-2 (30 KOs) vs. Mike Dallas Jr. 19-2-1 (8 KOs)
- Matthysse entered as the #1 junior welterweight contender to champion Danny Garcia according to The Ring Magazine. Dallas Jr., a 14-to-1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
- Dallas Jr. took the fight on a month's notice after Matthysse's original opponent Hank Lundy was forced out due to contractual problems with his promoter.
- In a bit of controversy before the bout, Virgil Hunter, Dallas Jr.'s trainer, witnessed Matthysse take ingest an unknown substance in the locker room and went to the commissioner and reported what he had seen. Matthysse's handlers admitted he had taken a 4500 amino acid. The doctors viewed the ingredients of the product and found that nothing illegal was taken. The fight continued as planned and the commissioner said they would simply rely on the pre and post-fight drug testing. After the fight, Matthysse said that it was a vitamin.
- In the post-fight interview, Matthysse claimed he "would like to fight Danny Garcia."
- Among those in attendance were Oscar De La Hoya, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, David Haye, Jorge Linares, Alfredo Angulo, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Sharif Bogere, and Paul Malignaggi, who worked on the broadcast team for Showtime.