Lucian Bute vs. Kabary Salem
2005-09-16 : Lucian Bute 167¾ lbs beat Kabary Salem 172½ lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: William Boodhoo
- Judge: Jack Woodburn
- Vacant NABF Super Middleweight Title
- Vacant WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Title
- Judges scoring: DeCarufel (69-64), Boodhoo (69-64), Woodburn (68-65) - all for Bute at the time of stoppage
- Time of stoppage: 3:00
- Weights: Bute 167.75 lbs, Salem 172.5 lbs
- Salem came in 5.5 lbs over the weight limit, and was therefore not eligible to win the NABF and WBC Continental Americas titles.
- Salem down in round 8.
- Salem indicates that he no longer wishes to continue at the end of round 8.
- First and only time in his career that Salem is stopped.
- NABF title had been vacated by Scott Pemberton.
- WBC Continental title had been vacated by Eric Lucas.
Pemberton vs. Camlin
| NABF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Bute vs. Toney