Lucian Bute vs. Librado Andrade (1st meeting)
2008-10-24 : Lucian Bute 168 lbs beat Librado Andrade 167¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Alex Levin 117-109
- Judge: Benoit Roussel 115-111
- Judge: Mickey Vann 115-110
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (2nd defense of Bute)
- Weights: Bute 168 lbs, Andrade 167.8 lbs
- Attendance: 16,300
- Aired on: ShoBox: The New Generation
- Andrade became Bute's mandatory challenger by defeating Robert Stieglitz.
- Second fight for Andrade in Montreal, as he had defeated Otis Grant in a WBC Super Middleweight eliminator fight in April 2006. Ironically, Andrade is now trained by Otis' brother Howard Grant.
- Andrade down in round 10.
- After controlling the fight for the first eleven rounds, Bute decides to go for the knockout in the 12th. That turns out to be a bad decision, as Andrade catches him with a number of power shots and sends him heavily to the canvas with less than 5 seconds left in the fight. Bute rises to his feet within the allotted ten seconds and narrowly escapes a knockout loss.
- After the fight, Andrade's team was visibly upset, and argued that referee Marlon Wright had given Bute a long count and should have stopped the fight. While Golden Boy Promotions indicated that it would file an official protest with the IBF, it never did.
- At the post-fight press conference, Bute stated that he would grant Andrade a rematch.
- Fight was named Fightnews Canada 2008 fight of the year, and round 12 was designated as the round of the year.
Bute vs. Joppy
| IBF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Bute vs. Zuniga