Luis Collazo vs. Ricky Hatton
2006-05-13 : Ricky Hatton 147 lbs beat Luis Collazo 147 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Referee: John Zablocki
- Judge: Don O'Neill 115-112
- Judge: Paul Driscoll 115-112
- Judge: Leo Gerstel 114-113
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (Collazo's 2nd defense)
- Weights: 147 lbs (each)
- The "Unified Rules of Boxing" applied
- Collazo's corner: Nirmal Lorick (trainer), Mike Rella (cutman)
- Hatton's corner: Billy Graham (trainer), Mick Williamson (cutman)
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired on: HBO
- A memorial ten-count was tolled in tribute to former World Champion Floyd Patterson, who had died two days earlier.
- Hatton scored a flash knockdown at 0:10 in the first round, with a left hook, and Collazo took the mandatory eight-count.
- An accidental headbutt in the third round opened a cut above Collazo's forehead.
- Hatton slipped to the floor early in the final round.
- Hatton was wobbled in the twelfth round.
- Many fans questioned the decision, and thought Collazo won the fight.
- It ranks in the top 10 for activity for welterweights. Hatton had a 53% to 47% edge of the total.