BoxRec's Encyclopaedia was inaugurated January 2005.
For New Visitors
- Help! I'm New Here
- Search Engine Tips: Finding things in this Encyclopaedia
- Using the Talk/Discussion Feature of each page
- The Boxing Record Archive history and an explanation of its features
- BoxRec Ratings Description
- Categories from 1 to Z
- Glossary of boxing words & phrases
- Photos & Other Images in the Database:
- Recent Deaths
- Rules of Boxing
- Statistics: including "Total Page Views" & "Most Viewed Pages"
- World Champions by Weight Class
Unidentified Boxers & Bouts
This Wiki Encyclopedia contains images of boxers and bouts that currently cannot be correctly identified. Please help BoxRec identify these fighters and fights, and post your response in the BoxRec Forum here .
Note: BoxRec does not claim any copyright to the images in its database, but for some rare exceptions (such as the BoxRec logo). As an Internet Web site, and under the "fair use"  and "safe harbor"  provisions of international copyright law, BoxRec may post these images, even if someone owns the copyright to a particular image--until that copyright owner tells BoxRec to take down the image. It is the intent of BoxRec to serve as a free, non-profit, on-line public repository of these images--primarily for preservation, educational, and scholarly purposes. Therefore, permission to use images that BoxRec does not explicitly claim a copyright is not necessary. However, further use of any image is at your own peril.
See also, When U.S. Works Pass into the Public Domain, by Lolly Gasaway, University of North Carolina: