Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Rocky Juarez (1st meeting)
2006-05-20 : Marco Antonio Barrera 129¼ lbs beat Rocky Juarez 129 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Raul Caiz Sr
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 115-113
- Judge: Ken Morita 115-114
- Judge: Duane Ford 114-115
- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (3rd defending of Barrera)
- Weights: Barrera 129.25 lbs, Juarez 129 lbs
- The fight was originally declared a draw with Judge Ken Morita's scorecard being announced as a 114-114 draw. Judge Duane Ford's card was also announced as being 115-113 in favor of Juarez. Most of the Staples Center crowd had cleared out believing it was a draw. About 15 minutes later, it was announced that the scores had been added incorrectly and that Morita's scorecard was actually 115-114 for Barrera, thus giving him the split decision victory. Ford's card was also amended to be 115-114 still for Juarez though.
- Juarez was informed in his dressing room that he had actually lost the fight.
- Juarez inflicted a left lid cut in round five, nose bleed (rounds two and ten), left puff (round four), mouth bleed (round ten), and right lid cut (round eleven). Barrera scored a minor right eye cut in round one, and a nose bleed in round three.
- See also: Barrera vs. Juarez II