Markus Beyer vs. Danny Green (1st meeting)
2003-08-16 : Markus Beyer 167¼ lbs beat Danny Green 167½ lbs by DQ in round 5 of 12
- Location: Nuerburgring, Nuerburg, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
- Referee: Bill Clancy
- Judge: Massimo Barrovecchio
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (Beyer's 1st defense)
- Weights: Beyer 167.25 lbs, Green 167.5 lbs
- Promoter: Sauerland Event
- Beyer down in rounds one and two.
- Green incurred point deduction for albeit accidental headbutt (WBC rules) in second round.
- Green worsened Beyer's cut with intentional headbutt, Beyer could not continue (doctor's ruling) and therefore won by disqualification.