Martin Honorio vs. John Molina
2009-11-28 : John Molina Jr 134 lbs lost to Martin Honorio 133 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Pechanga Resort & Casino, Temecula, California, USA
- Referee: Lou Moret
- Judge: Ray Corona 92-98
- Judge: Marty Denkin 91-99
- Judge: Pat Russell 92-98
- NABF Lightweight Title (Vacant Title)
- NABO Lightweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Aired on: ShoBox: The New Generation
- NABF title had been vacated by Jason Litzau in October 2009 when he decided to return to the Super Featherweight category.
- NABO title had been stripped from Antonio DeMarco in August 2009 as a result of his participation in a WBC Lightweight Eliminator against Anges Adjaho on July 11, 2009.
- In a major upset, Mexico's Martin Honorio won the vacant NABF and WBO NABO Lightweight titles with an easy ten round decision over 18-0 John Molina of Covina, California. Honorio thoroughly outboxed Molina with a consistent jab attack and right hands to the body that continued to score, and good side-to-side movement. Molina appeared to win the fourth round by landing left hooks, but that was the only round he won. Attitude and approach also appeared a key factor. Molina seemed to regard Honorio as 'just another opponent' like the others he had faced. Honorio treated the bout like he was fighting for a championship, and appeared willing to make changes and adjustments as directed by his corner to alter his techniques and style, so as to be more effective as rounds progressed. Molina, caught in his 'belief', just never got started.
Litzau vs. Kimbrough
| NABF Lightweight Title Fight
Rios vs. Teron
DeMarco vs. Raiymkulov
| NABO Lightweight Title Fight
Honorio vs. Hilario