Marvin Hagler vs. Juan Domingo Roldan
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1984-03-30 : Marvin Hagler 159¼ lbs beat Juan Domingo Roldan 159¼ lbs by TKO at 0:39 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Riviera Hotel & Casino, SuperStar Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Yong-Soo Chung
- Judge: Ken Morita
- Judge: Ove Ovesen
- Hagler made $1.25 million, and Roldan received $100,000.
- Roldan was the #1 WBA middleweight contender.
- In the opening seconds of the first round, Hagler went down after Roldan caught him with a glancing left hook on the back of the head. Referee Tony Perez ruled it a knockdown. "That was no knockdown in the first round," Hagler said later. "I slipped and I told the ref." It was the only official knockdown of Hagler's career.
- Hagler hurt Roldan in the third round with a left uppercut to the right eye, then sent the challenger sprawling into the ropes for a knockdown.
- Roldan, his right eye swollen shut, was knocked down in the tenth round. After getting up at the count of seven, Roldan informed the referee that he didn't want to continue.
Hagler vs. Duran
| WBA Middleweight Title Fight
WBC Middleweight Title Fight
IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hagler vs. Hamsho II