Matthew Saad Muhammad vs. Dwight Muhammad Qawi (1st meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1981-12-19 : Dwight Muhammad Qawi 174¾ lbs beat Matthew Saad Muhammad 174½ lbs by TKO at 2:54 in round 10 of 15
- Location: Playboy Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante
- Judge: Charley Spina 89-83
- Judge: Eva Shain 89-82
- Judge: Tony Castellano 89-83
- Muhammad was knocked down once in the 10th by a straight left and a right to the head. Up at four and bleeding heavily from the nose, while being pummeled on the ropes, Muhammad's corner signalled the TKO.
- Muhammad bled from the nose in round four, and Qawi had a left eye puff from round seven on.