Meldrick Taylor vs. Luis Gabriel Garcia
1991-06-01 : Meldrick Taylor 146¾ lbs beat Luis Garcia 146¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Radisson Resort, Palm Springs, California, USA
- Referee: Lou Moret
- Judge: Fritz Werner 118-112
- Judge: Neffie Quintana 115-113
- Judge: Rodolfo Maldonado 114-117
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (1st defense by Taylor)
- There was a crowd of 4,8000.
- Taylor vs. Garcia was the co-main event along with Terry Norris vs. Donald Curry.
- Garcia entered the fight rated No. 1 at welterweight by the WBA.
- The New York Times reported: "Garcia turned out to be an orthodox fighter -- a very ordinary one at that. Yet Taylor had problems with him. Throughout the fight he was reaching with his jab and lunging recklessly toward his opponent while throwing sweeping left hooks."