Michael Dokes vs. Donovan Ruddock
1990-04-04 : Michael Dokes 240 lbs lost to Donovan Ruddock 230 lbs by TKO at 0:53 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante Jr.
- Judge: Don Ackerman
- Judge: Harold Lederman
- Judge: Billy Costello
- WBA Inter-Continental Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Dokes)
- There was a crowd of 12,624 at Madison Square Garden.
- The WBA ranked Ruddock 2nd and Dokes 3rd.
- A left uppercut by Ruddock knocked Dokes back into the ropes and Ruddock stepped in to finish him off. Ruddock missed with a right cross, then landed two left hooks and Dokes slumped face first on the canvas. He never moved as the referee counted him out. Dokes was unconscious for two minutes.