Name: Mihai Leu
Alias: Michael Loewe
Birth Name: Mihai Leu
Birthplace: Hunedoara, Romania
Hometown: Hamburg, Germany
Height: 5′ 7½″ / 172cm
Boxing Record: click
Judging Record: click
Refereeing Record: click
Photo No. 2
Trainer: Fritz Sdunek
- Amateur record of 190-10.
- Romanian National Junior Champion in 1983, 1984, 1985, and 1986.
- World Junior Champion in 1987.
- Won the vacant German International Welterweight Championship in December 1994.
- Won the vacant WBO Inter-Continental Welterweight Championship in April 1995.
- Defeated Santiago Samaniego to win the vacant WBO Welterweight Championship in February 1997.
- Defended the WBO Welterweight Championship against Michael Carruth in September 1997.
- Retired in 1998 with a record of 28-0 with 10 knockouts. Loewe retired due to a hand injury, which he suffered in his fight against Samaniego. He had surgery and a long rest, but still had problems with the hand when he fought Carruth. Another operation followed, but the hand didn't get well. "My left hand was my key punch. It was very important for me. When I couldn't use it properly, I wasn't the same anymore," Loewe said. "I wanted to comeback, but it just wasn't possible." 
Post Boxing Career
- Loewe became a rally driver after retiring from the ring. In 2003, he became Romania's national champion.
Jose Luis Lopez
| WBO Welterweight Champion
1997 Feb 22 – 1997