Michael Moorer vs. Adrian Riggs
1988-03-04 : Michael Moorer 172 lbs beat Adrian Riggs 172 lbs by TKO at 2:26 in round 1 of 4
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Carlos Padilla
- Judge: Dalby Shirley
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Judge: Dave Moretti
Announcer: Chuck Hull
Aired On: ESPN
- Professional debut for Michael Moorer.
- Adrian Riggs came in with an (0-2) record, with both of his previous losses coming by decision.
- Riggs was hurt by a left uppercut and was put down by a left hook at 1:55. He was up almost immediately and received a mandatory eight-count.
- Moorer was warned following the knockdown for hitting Riggs while he was on one knee.
- Riggs went down for the second time in the round from a right hook. Referee Carlos Padilla immediately waved an end to the bout.