From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1994-11-05 : Michael Moorer 222 lbs lost to George Foreman 250 lbs by KO at 2:03 in round 10 of 12
- Moorer was a 3 to 1 betting favorite.
- Moorer made $7 million. Foreman got $3 million.
- Moorer dominated Foreman for nearly the entire fight before Foreman knocked him out with a right in the tenth round.
- Foreman regained the title he lost 20 years earlier.
- Foreman became the oldest boxer in history to win the World Heavyweight Championship at age 45.
- The fight was named The Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year for 1994.
- Foreman received The Ring Magazine Comeback of the Year Award for 1994.
- Foreman was stripped by the WBA in early 1995 for choosing to make his first title defense against Axel Schulz instead of Tony Tucker, the #1 WBA contender.