Michael Nunn vs. Sumbu Kalambay
1989-03-25 : Michael Nunn 160 lbs beat Sumbu Kalambay 159 lbs by KO at 1:28 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Chuck Giampa
- Judge: Bernie Cormier
- Judge: Walter Cavalieri
- IBF Middleweight Championship (2nd defense by Nunn)
- Nunn was a 5 to 1 favorite.
- The fight was originally scheduled to be a unification match between IBF champion Nunn and WBA champion Kalambay, but the WBA stripped Kalambay for choosing to fight Nunn instead of the WBA's mandatory challenger, Herol Graham, whom Kalambay had defeated two years earlier.
- Nunn's purse was $1.1 million, and Kalambay got $400,000.
- Nunn scored a one-punch knockout with a left to the chin of Kalambay. It was the only knockout loss of Kalambay's career.
- The fight was named The Ring Knockout of the Year.
Nunn vs. Roldan
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Nunn vs. Barkley