Michael Spinks vs. Dwight Muhammad Qawi
1983-03-18 : Dwight Muhammad Qawi 174 lbs lost to Michael Spinks 173 lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Convention Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Larry Hazzard
- Judge: Frank Cappuccino 141-144
- Judge: Tony Perez 141-144
- Judge: Tony Castellano 140-144
- World Boxing Association Light Heavyweight Title (6th defending of Spinks)
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (4th defending of Qawi)
- Weights: Spinks 173 lbs, Qawi 174 lbs
- Spinks takes Qawi's WBC belt and unifies the Light Heavyweight title just two months after the tragic death of his girlfriend in an automobile accident.
- Spinks was down for the first time in his career, in the 8th round; however, there was much debate as to whether Spinks actually went down from a punch or tripped over Qawi's feet as he was hit.