Miguel Angel Cotto vs. Carlos Quintana
2006-12-02 : Miguel Cotto 146 lbs beat Carlos Quintana 147 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Melvina Lathan 48-45
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 48-45
- Judge: George Hill 48-45
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Cotto 146 lbs, Quintana 147 lbs
- Quintana's corner tried to push him to come out for another round, but the fighter refused.
- Quintana was knocked down twice in the fifth round. The first was from a damaging left hook to the body. He also suffered a puff over the right eye in round four, as well as welts under each eye.