From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2007-03-03 : Miguel Cotto 147 lbs beat Oktay Urkal 146 lbs by TKO at 1:01 in round 11 of 12
- Judges scoring after round 4: (40-36), (40-36), (40-36) - all for Cotto
- Judges scoring after round 8: (77-74), (78-73), (80-71) - all for Cotto
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (1st defense of Cotto)
- This was a mandatory defense of the WBA title.
- Cotto suffered a cut over the left eye by an accidental headbutt in round five.
- Urkal was deducted a point for headbutts in round seven and in round eleven, which caused Urkal's trainer Ulli Wegner to throw the towel.
- After the fight, Wegner claimed he stopped the bout due to what he saw as unfair refereeing by Luis Pabón.
- It was the final fight of Urkal's professional career.