Miguel Angel Cotto vs. Ricardo Mayorga
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2011-03-12 : Miguel Cotto 154 lbs beat Ricardo Mayorga 154 lbs by TKO at 0:53 in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: Duane Ford 107-102
- Judge: Jerry Roth 107-102
- Judge: Chris Wilson 107-102
- World Boxing Association Super World Light Middleweight Title (1st defense by Cotto)
- WBB Light Middleweight Title (vacant)
- Promoters: Bob Arum, Don King, Gary Shaw
- Mayorga was down once in the twelfth round.
- Press row scores: Diego Martinez: 108-101 for Cotto, Kieran Mulvaney: 108-101 for Cotto, Lance Pugmire: 107-102 for Cotto
- Top Rank's Cotto made a $1 million purse, compared to Mayorga's $50,000.