Mike Tyson vs. Frank Bruno (1st meeting)
1989-02-25 : Mike Tyson 218 lbs beat Frank Bruno 228 lbs by TKO at 2:55 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Hilton Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Jerry Roth 40-35
- Judge: Omar Mintun 40-34
- Judge: Rodolfo Maldonado 40-34
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (8th defense of Tyson)
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title (7th defense of Tyson)
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (5th defense of Tyson)
- The Ring Magazine Heavyweight Title (Tyson defending)
- Promoter: Don King (Don King Productions)
- Tyson's first professional fight after firing Head Trainer Kevin Rooney.
- Bruno down in round one.
- Bruno penalized one point for holding in round one.
- Tyson warned for a headbutt in round four.
- Bruno was stopped by a Tyson barrage, ending with two right uppercuts and a left to the head, leaving him on the ropes, where Steele stopped it with no fifth round knockdown.
- Bruno's nose bled in rounds one and five.
- Bruno wobbled Tyson in the first round with a left hook.
- This was the first time Mike Tyson was ever wobbled. At the end of the round, Larry Merchant said "One man down, another man wobbled, I'll take it!"