Mikkel Kessler vs. Anthony Mundine
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2005-06-08 : Mikkel Kessler 167½ lbs beat Anthony Mundine 166¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Entertainment Centre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Referee: Luis Pabon
- Judge: Hubert Earle 116-112
- Judge: Henk Meijers 120-108
- Judge: Takeshi Shimakawa 117-113
- World Boxing Association Super Middleweight Title (1st. defending of Kessler)
- Weights: Kessler 167.5 lbs, Mundine 166.75 lbs
- Promoter: Tony Mundine Sr.
- Kessler makes his first title defense and maintains his undefeated record with a tough, but clear-cut victory in Mundine's hometown.