Muhammad Ali vs. Bob Foster
1972-11-21 : Bob Foster 180 lbs lost to Muhammad Ali 221¼ lbs by KO at 0:40 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Sahara Tahoe Hotel, Stateline, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Wally Rusk
- Judge: Anthony Smercina
- Judge: Bill Stremmell
- Foster entered as the reigning World Light Heavyweight Champion.
- Foster opened a cut above Ali's left eye. It was the first time Ali was cut as a professional.
- Ali knocked Foster down four times in the fifth round and twice in the seventh. After being knocked down early in the eighth, Foster was counted out by referee Mills Lane.
- Judge Bill Stremmell had Ali leading 35-27, Judge Wally Rusk had him ahead 35-28, and Judge Anthony Smercina had him in front 34-28.
Ali vs. Patterson II
| NABF Heavyweight Title Fight
Ali vs. Norton I