Muhammad Ali vs. Brian London
1966-08-06 : Muhammad Ali 209½ lbs beat Brian London 201½ lbs by KO at 1:40 in round 3 of 15
- Location: Earls Court Arena, Kensington, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Harry Gibbs
- Ali was guaranteed $252,000 plus a percentage of the TV revenue. London made about $112,000.
- Ali was a 15 to 1 betting favorite.
- There was a crowd of about 13,000.
- In the third round, Ali backed London into a corner and unleashed a flurry of punches that put him down for the count.
- This was Ali's last fight under his managerial contract with the Louisville Sponsoring Group. He chose not to renew the contract, and Herbert Muhammad became his manager.
- "I'd like a return, but only if you put a 50-pound weight on each ankle." - Brian London