Nikolay Valuev vs. John Ruiz (2nd meeting)
2008-08-30 : Nikolay Valuev 317¾ lbs beat John Ruiz 239 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Max Schmeling Halle, Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany
- Referee: Derek Milham
- Judge: Ove Ovesen 116-111
- Judge: Antonio Requena 116-113
- Judge: Takeshi Shimakawa 114-113
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title (Vacant regular title)
- The victory for Valuev was originally scored a split decision but an error later found on the scorecards gave him a unanimous decision.
- Valuev becomes a two-time WBA Heavyweight Champion with this victory.
- Fight for the vacant title was organized when Ruslan Chagaev was unable to defend his title due to injury. He was named "Champion in recess" by the WBA and granted the right to fight the regular champion until June 26th, 2009.
- Valuev received a point deduction in 10th round for pushing Ruiz down.
Chagaev vs. Skelton
| WBA Heavyweight Title Fight
Valuev vs. Holyfield