Nikolay Valuev vs. Paolo Vidoz
2004-10-09 : Nikolay Valuev 323¾ lbs beat Paolo Vidoz 236 lbs by TKO at 2:33 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Messehalle, Erfurt, Thüringen, Germany
- Referee: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: Torben Seemann Hansen
- Judge: Jose Ignacio Martinez
- Judge: Henk Meijers
- WBA Inter-Continental Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 2:33
- Weights: Valuev 323.75 lbs, Vidoz 236 lbs
- Vidoz took the fight with few days notice. He suffered a broken jaw in round three. He had surgery in Policlinico di Udine, during which a titanium plate was inserted to hold the jaw together. He subsequently changed his nickname to "Titanium Jaw."
- Vidoz down in 9th round from two straight right hands. Following the knockdown referee Terry O'Connor stopped the fight as Vidoz seemingly was not able to defend himself.