Nobuhiro Ishida vs. James Kirkland
2011-04-09 : James Kirkland 158 lbs lost to Nobuhiro Ishida 158 lbs by TKO at 1:52 in round 1 of 8
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Eric Cheek
- Judge: Tim Cheatham
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Nobuhiro Ishida 22-6-2 (7 KOs) vs. James Kirkland 27-0 (24 KOs)
- Ishida entered as a 17.5/1 betting underdog. 
- It was the U.S. debut for Ishida and only his second professional bout to be held outside his native Japan.
- Fight was on the undercard of Marcos Rene Maidana vs. Erik Morales.
- It was announced later in the telecast that Kirkland's trainer Kenny Adams collapsed after the fight in the locker room and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Kirkland was dropped three times in the opening round. Ishida put Kirkland down and hurt him with a short left about 20 seconds into the fight and Kirkland never fully regained his composure. Upon the third knockdown, referee Joe Cortez waved an end to the bout.