Name: Nurmagomed Shanavazov
Birthplace: Gubden, Russia
Hometown: Makhachkala, Russia
Height: 6′ 1″ / 185cm
Boxing Record: click
Nurmagomed Magomedsandovich Shanavazov (born February 19, 1965) was a Russian boxer. Shanavazov won the Light Heavyweight Silver medal at the 1988 Summer Olympics for the USSR. He trained at the Dynamo sports society in Makhachkala.
Shanavazov had no success as a professional. He turned pro in 1990 and lost his only three fights, including two losses to Sergei Kobozev. He retired in 1990 with a record of 0-3-0.
Shanavazov was from the Russian republic of Daghestan.
1988 (as a middleweight)
- Defeated Patrick Lihanda (Uganda) 4-1
- Defeated Markus Bott (West Germay) 4-1
- Defeated Andrea Magi (Italy) 4-1
- Defeated Damir ?karo (Yugoslavia) walkover
- Lost to Andrew Maynard (United States) 0-5
World amateur championships results
1986 (as a Light heavyweight)
1989 (as a middleweight)
- Defeated Niels Madsen (Denmark) 16-7
- Defeated Terry McGroom (United States) 22-9
- Lost to Henry Maske (East Germany) 11-18 (placed 3rd)
This article is taken from Wikipedia: