Oleg Maskaev vs. Samuel Peter
2008-03-08 : Oleg Maskaev 243 lbs lost to Samuel Peter 250¾ lbs by TKO at 2:56 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Plaza de Toros, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Judge: Herminio Cuevas Collazo 45-50
- Judge: Ken Morita 46-49
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 46-49
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (2nd defense of Maskaev)
- Time: 2:56
- Weights: Maskaev 243 lbs, Peter 250.75 lbs
- In the third round, Peter wobbled Maskaev as he battered him around the ring.
- Peter rocked Maskaev with a right early in the fifth round.
- In the sixth round, a right hand connected flush on Maskaev during a sustained flurry, and he fell back toward the ropes. The referee stopped the fight since Maskaev was badly hurt.
- Mandatory defense for Maskaev
Peter vs. McCline
| WBC Heavyweight Title Fight
V. Klitschko vs. Peter