Oliver McCall vs. Franklin Lawrence
2009-08-21 : Oliver McCall 243 lbs beat Franklin Lawrence 230 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Orleans Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 97-93
- Judge: C.J. Ross 96-94
- Judge: Jerry Roth 96-94
- IBA Heavyweight Title (Vacant)
- Oliver McCall 52-9 (37 KOs) vs. Franklin Lawrence 12-1-2 (7 KOs)
- McCall entered as the IBA's Continental Heavyweight Champion, a title held by Lawrence a year earlier.
- Despite a pair of draws in 2007, Lawrence entered unbeaten in over three years. For McCall, it was only his second bout in nearly two years following a decision loss in his rematch with Juan Carlos Gomez.