Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia
2013-01-19 : Orlando Salido 126 lbs lost to Mikey Garcia 125½ lbs by TD in round 8 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Julie Lederman 69-79
- Judge: John Stewart 69-79
- Judge: Don Ackerman 70-79
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Featherweight Title (3rd defense by Salido)
- The Ring Magazine Featherweight Title (vacant)
Mikey Garcia dropped Orlando Salido four times and claimed the WBO Featherweight Title when a headbutt broke Garcia's nose and caused the fight to go the judges' scorecards.
Salido went down midway through the opening round from a left hook. Another left hook put Salido down on his backside for the second time with just seconds remaining in the round. A right uppercut caused the champion's glove to touch the mat in Round 3 and in the fourth, a jab caught him off balance and put him down again.
By the end of the fifth round, Salido had significant swelling to his right eye, but to his credit, he continued to press forward take punches and throw his wide power shots.
In the eighth, Salido's head hit Garcia across the bridge of the nose and in between rounds the fight was ended at the recommendation of the ringside physician.
- Orlando Salido 39-11-2 (27 KOs) vs. Miguel Angel Garcia 30-0 (26 KOs)
- Salido, a 1.9-to-1 betting underdog, entered ranked as the #1 featherweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Garcia was ranked as the #3 featherweight contender by the same publication. The winner, Garcia, claimed the magazine's vacant world featherweight title.  
- Following the bout, it was reported Salido had suffered a broken orbital bone in his right eye.