Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao
|Total Punches||De La Hoya||Pacquiao|
|Jabs||De La Hoya||Pacquiao|
|Power Punches||De La Hoya||Pacquiao|
2008-12-06 : Oscar De La Hoya 145 lbs lost to Manny Pacquiao 142 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Dave Moretti 71-80
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 71-80
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 72-79
- Weights: De La Hoya 145 lbs, Pacquiao 142 lbs
- Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Promoters: Golden Boy Promotions & Top Rank
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
The quicker Pacquiao got off to a strong start, connecting with clean straight left leads and continually beat De La Hoya to the punch. Oscar got on track a bit in round five landing one good flurry, but Pacquiao regained command in the sixth round and mercilessly battered De La Hoya on the ropes in the seventh round. De La Hoya's left eye was swelling shut. It was again all Pacquiao in round eight and De La Hoya's corner stopped the fight after the eighth round.
- The fight generated 1.25 million Pay-Per-View buys and $70 million in pay-per-view revenue.
- It is the fourth time in boxing Pay-Per-View history that a non-heavyweight event has attained the one million buy mark. De la Hoya announced his retirement after this bout and declared his attention would only be on promoting.
Purses: Pacquiao - $11 million plus