Oscar De La Hoya vs. Miguel Angel Gonzalez
1997-01-18 : Miguel Angel Gonzalez 140 lbs lost to Oscar De La Hoya 140 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: John Keane 110-117
- Judge: Bob Logist 111-117
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 109-117
- World Boxing Council Light Welterweight Title (1th defense of De La Hoya)
- De La Hoya makes a successful first defense of his title with a lopsided decision over the previously unbeaten Gonzalez.
- Gonzalez had a point deducted in the 7th for hitting while holding behind the head and another point in the 12th for hitting on the break.