Oscar De La Hoya vs. Wilfredo Rivera
1997-12-06 : Oscar De La Hoya 147 lbs beat Wilfredo Rivera 147 lbs by TKO at 2:48 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Caesars Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Sergio Silvi 68-63
- Judge: Richard James Davies 70-63
- Judge: John Riley 69-63
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (3rd defense of De La Hoya)
- Time: 2:48
- Weights: 147 lbs (each)
- Rivera down in Round 4.
- The ringside doctor Howard Taylor advises to stop the fight due to a Rivera cut.