Oscar Larios vs. Israel Vasquez (3rd meeting)
2005-12-03 : Israel Vazquez 121 lbs beat Oscar Larios 120½ lbs by TKO at 2:52 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 19-18
- Judge: Melvina Lathan 19-18
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 20-17
- World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight Title (Larios defending)
- Weights: Vazquez 121 lbs, Larios 120.5 lbs
- Ringside physician, Dr. William Berliner, advises Weeks to stop the bout due to a large cut over Larios' left eye.
- Larios was down for a three count in the opening round.
- Adding to the intrigue of the contest, Vazquez's IBF belt was not at risk. The IBF had withdrawn its sanction after Larios refused to participate in an IBF-mandated second weigh-in the afternoon of the fight.
- Vazquez wins the vacant Ring Magazine Jr. Featherweight world title.