Pablo Romero Hernandez is a former Cuban amateur boxer best known for winning the light-heavyweight gold medal at the World Championships in 1982 and 1986, and taking silver in 1989.
- At the 1982 World Amateur Boxing Championships he won his first title.
- He won the PanAm Games 1983 in Caracas beating Evander Holyfield in the finals.
- At the 1986 World Amateur Boxing Championships he once again finished first.
- He won the PanAm Games in 1987 in Indianiapolis.
- Cuba boycotted the Olympics in 1984 and 1988, so Romero never boxed as an Olympian.
- At the 1989 World Amateur Boxing Championships he lost to Olympic middleweight Gold medalist Henry Maske and settled for silver.
World amateur championships results
1982 (as a Light heavyweight)
- Defeated Danny Lindstroem (Canada) 5-0 (quarterfinal)
- Defeated Valeri Shin (Soviet Union) 4-1
- Defeated Paweł Skrzecz (Poland) 5-0
1986 (as a Light heavyweight)
- Defeated Rene Suetovius (East Germany) 3-2
- Defeated John Beckles (England) 5-0
- Defeated Damir Skaro (Yugoslavia) 4-1
- Defeated Loren Ross (United States) 4-1
1989 (as a Light heavyweight)