Pat Lawlor vs. Roberto Duran (1st meeting)
1991-03-18 : Pat Lawlor 161 lbs beat Roberto Duran 168 lbs by TKO at 1:50 in round 6 of 10
- Location: Mirage Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judge: Art Lurie
- Judge: Paul Smith
- Judge: Al Siciliano
- This was Duran's first fight since losing to Sugar Ray Leonard 15 months earlier.
- Duran vs. Lawlor was on the undercard of Mike Tyson vs. Razor Ruddock I.
- Duran was in the process of throwing a left hook when Lawlor landed a right on Duran's left shoulder. Duran grabbed his shoulder, bent over and grimaced in pain. The referee summoned Dr. Flip Homansky into the ring. Homansky told the referee to stop the fight as Duran protested and the crowd booed.
- Duran and Lawlor had a rematch in 2000, which Duran won by a 12-round unanimous decision.