Paul Williams vs. Carlos Quintana (1st meeting)
2008-02-09 : Paul Williams 146¾ lbs lost to Carlos Quintana 146¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Pechanga Resort & Casino, Temecula, California, USA
- Referee: Jack Reiss
- Judge: Michael Pernick 112-116
- Judge: Tony Crebs 112-116
- Judge: Jose Cobian 113-115
- World Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (1st defense of Williams)
- Weights: 146.75 lbs (both)
- Aired on: HBO Boxing After Dark
- Promoter: Goossen Tutor
- Williams was cut over both eyes. He received nine and three stitches after the bout.
- Quintana was a 6-to-1 underdog.
- See also: Williams vs. Quintana II.