Paul Williams vs. Ronald (Winky) Wright
2009-04-11 : Paul Williams 157 lbs beat Ronald Wright 159 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 120-108
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 119-109
- Judge: Jerry Roth 119-109
Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Paul Williams (36-1) 27 KOs vs. Ronald (Winky) Wright (51-4-1) 25 KOs
- Wright entered the ring after a near two year layoff, with his last bout on July 21, 2007 being a unanimous decision loss to former World Champion Bernard Hopkins.
- Williams came in as the # 2 junior middleweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Wright, likely due to the layoff, was unranked by the same publication despite being the former Ring champion at junior middleweight.
- Williams used pressure and an impressive work rate to control the fight.
- HBO's Harold Lederman scored the fight 119-109 for Williams.
"A spirited effort by Winky Wright but a landslide for Williams who, as is so frequently the case, swamps his opponent with his punch output." - HBO's Jim Lampley