Pernell Whitaker vs. Anthony Jones
1991-02-23 : Pernell Whitaker 135 lbs beat Anthony Jones 135 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Jerry Roth 120-108
- Judge: Dave Moretti 119-109
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 120-108
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (4th defense by Whitaker)
- World Boxing Association Lightweight Title (1st defense by Whitaker)
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title (6th defense by Whitaker)
- This was Whitaker's first defense of the Undisputed World Lightweight Championship.
- Jones was a substitute for Tracy Spann, who pulled out after suffering a cut in training.
- Whitaker earned $500,000 and Jones got $125,000.
- The fight took place at the Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion.