From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1994-10-01 : Pernell Whitaker 147 lbs beat James McGirt 146 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Whitaker's purse was $2.5 million and McGirt's was $600,000.
- There was a crowd of 9,150.
- Whitaker was down in the second round from a McGirt right hand. "It was only a flash knockdown. It caught me off balance and didn't hurt me," Whitaker said.
- McGirt had a bad swelling under his left eye, which started midway through the fight.
- Whitaker landed 163 of 460 jabs and 167 of 348 power punches. McGirt landed 59 of 230 jabs and 95 of 274 power punches.