Pernell Whitaker vs. Juan Nazario
1990-08-11 : Pernell Whitaker 135 lbs beat Juan Nazario 135 lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Caesars Tahoe, Outdoor Arena, Stateline, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Ray Solis
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (3rd defense by Whitaker)
- World Boxing Association Lightweight Title (1st defense by Nazario)
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title (5th defense by Whitaker)
- Whitaker was a 9-1 favorite.
- There was a crowd of 5,500.
- Whitaker's purse was $500,000 and Nazario's was $450,000.
- Nazario was put down for the count with a left to the chin.
- Whitaker became the first Undisputed World Lightweight Champion since Roberto Duran in 1978.