From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2007-05-11 : Peter Manfredo Jr 169 lbs beat Ted Muller 169 lbs by TKO at 1:19 in round 9 of 10
- Time: 1:19
- Weights: Manfredo Jr. 169.5 lbs, Muller 169 lbs
- Manfredo Jr. hurt Muller in the second round with a lead right hand.
- Muller landed a big, lunging lead right in the third Round that backed up Manfredo Jr.
- In the fifth round, Muller developed a cut on the outside of his left eye.
- From the fifth round on, Muller started taking a lot of heavy punches.
- A big right uppercut hurt Muller in the seventh.
- The fight could have been legitimately stopped at any point from the seventh round on.
- Muller down in the ninth round from a right hook to the body. Referee Charles Dwyer stopped the fight 20 seconds later as Manfredo Jr. was attacking and looking to end the fight.
- Muller, despite being beaten in convincing fashion, was a game opponent. He continued to throw punches into the latter rounds.
- Manfredo Jr. had success in the early rounds by going to the body on Muller. He seemed to abandon this strategy during the middle rounds however. When he returned to it in the ninth he was once again successful and eventually dropped Muller with a body shot.